Pages

Welcome to Music Doctor. If you are sick of the same old music we have the cure for you. Here you will be prescribed with new music, new music can either mean actually new or new to you. Basically we posts bands you need to listen to, write a short review, and link you to their music

Make sure to look at the older posts too, not just the front page!



Announcements


We Are Back Up!

http://twitter.com/MusicalDoctors - Follow US!

You can now follow us by email! You will receive an email after each post!

We have a friends section! - Check it out for more great music sites!


Just Added a Section below the posts entitled Self Prescribe. Ask a question or answer somebody else's. Get involved!!!
Patients Helped:

Search This Blog

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Walk the Moon

First of all, we are very sorry that we have not posted in a long two weeks. We have been very busy, but this does not mean we have not found new bands, it simply means we haven't had time to post them on here. However, we have a whole plethora of new bands that we will be adding for the next few weeks, so be ready for some brand new and fantastic bands.

Walk the Moon is a quartet from our Cincinnati, Ohio. They released the album I Want! I Want! over 6 months ago and it is nothing short of pure genius. It features 11 songs, of the most known would be Anna Sun and I Can Lift a Car. The actual singing reminds me of Justin Vernon, but the music tells me that they are a lighter version of The Limousines. Seems strange, but the result is a very beautiful and unique sound that no band I know combines as well.

Dance music. Walk the Moon fits this description perfectly. If you don't believe me just watch this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW7f54tVRmQ , than tell me otherwise. They are fun, catchy, upbeat, and overall easy to dance to. Yet, at the same time you can feel the emotion put into every song. These four are going places and like us, you had better jump on the band wagon now. I will have the privilege of seeing them live in the near future and I honestly am stoked!!! From what I hear and have watched on youtube, they are a magnificent live band, so see them if they play anywhere near you and join the frenzy.

Recommended songs:
Anna Sun
Lisa Baby
I Want! I Want!
I Can Lift a Car



http://grooveshark.com/#/artist/Walk+The+Moon/1247186

No comments:

Post a Comment