Pages

Welcome to Music Doctor. If you are sick of the same old music we have the cure for you. Here you will be prescribed with new music, new music can either mean actually new or new to you. Basically we posts bands you need to listen to, write a short review, and link you to their music

Make sure to look at the older posts too, not just the front page!



Announcements


We Are Back Up!

http://twitter.com/MusicalDoctors - Follow US!

You can now follow us by email! You will receive an email after each post!

We have a friends section! - Check it out for more great music sites!


Just Added a Section below the posts entitled Self Prescribe. Ask a question or answer somebody else's. Get involved!!!
Patients Helped:

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Shapes of Race Cars

Ok so this band has a story from me. I heard their song "Right Now" on the new sobe life water commercial. I immediately needed to know the song because it sounded fun and well, really good too! So after the first time I saw the commercial the only lyric I could remember was "It's What We Want." This is pretty much the most basic line ever and was obviously no help to me. I searched on Google, Yahoo!, I even tried ChaCha. No answers, and no stories on either of the two search engines. I saw the commercial again and made sure to remember all of the lyrics. So I plugged in those bad boys online, and still no answers. It took becoming a fan of Sobe and asking the question on their wall twice for an answer. It was 100% worth it! Not only was I able to listen to the song in it's entirety but it did what I was hoping it to do, open me up to a new band with great music!


So now that you know my story let's get to the band. Shapes of Race Cars is a really fun band and their tunes just put you in the feel good mood. And obvious they are getting some recognition if they are already in Sobe life water commercials. Their 2006 album, Power, uses catchy hooks and melodies to keep the audience intrigued. Let's say they did a very good job. This album is special because you can tell the band is still in it's early stages but you can feel the potential in their music. Listening to this album and thinking about they were just at the start of their career and creating songs like this is unbelievable!


Now moving onto the 2010 album, Beauty Beat, Shapes of Race Cars is able to show that they have grown and matured. This is a very good thing. They continue that raw feeling in some of the songs on this album but they also evolved to a different, yet still great, sound on this album. They add some harmonies into the chorus's of some songs, and they also incorporated the piano. (Which everyone knows that if you can successfully add a piano to your song it can make a decent song good, and a good song great.) They were successful and these songs (Boring Villains, World's End, Bigger Than Sin) are amazing!


So in short this band has a bright future and I am very excited to see them evolve even more.



Songs I Recommend:
Right Now - one of the most catchiest songs I have heard in a long time
World's End - catchy and a really really good (has a tiny dancer by elton john reference so I had to like it)
Get Melted - a catchy song with a raw feeling behind it, great!
Melody Knows
Boring Villains - possibly my second favorite song behind right now


http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/search/songs/?query=shapes+of+race+cars - not many songs here so I recommend previewing the albums on itunes

No comments:

Post a Comment